Thursday, October 18, 2007

Basking In the Glow

What a way to end a lovely birthday. Sitting memorized by the light of the fire on a crisp autumn evening.....sounds just like a page from a fairy tale.

My special night started with a delicious dinner at the Texas Roadhouse Grill. If you go, I highly recommend the sirloin kabobs:) Then there was the rousing birthday song served up by the wait staff~ "It's your birthday, HOT DOG" ~ Well that just says it all now doesn't it.

When we got home, I was in for a real treat....my son went running out and jumped in his power wheels jeep, he drives over to the deck pulling his little red wagon loaded up with a box of fire starter logs....HUH? we don't have a fire place. I am instructed to follow him, where I am lead to my new FIRE PIT!!!! I have wanted one of this since, well, FOREVER!

OH , but I am a happy girl:) So I ended my day curled up in my old Adirondack, basking in the glow of the beginning of a new year.

Thank you Honey, I LOVE IT!!


13 comments:

Esther Sunday said...

You deserve it! Happy Birthday! Love, Esther

Nunnie's Attic said...

That's a wonderful gift and surprise! Good for your Rhonda. You deserve it baby!!

Love,
Julie

Counting Your Blessings said...

Happy birthday! I'm sorry I'm a day late!! I have sick kids this week so I'm just running late with everything. You, love, deserve a special relaxing night and I'm so glad that they surprised you like that. And I like your lists =) Blessings... Polly

Flea Market Queen said...

What a delightful surprise...
Happy Belated Birthday!
You are a lucky girl...
Priscilla

Kari & Kijsa said...

Happy...happy birthday....it sounds like a wonderful day!

Have a blessed day!

kari and kijsa

Mary said...

Oh, Rhonda, how great is that?! What a terrific birthday surprise! So glad you had a nice day. :)
xoxo,
Mary

Meggie said...

Rhonda: It sounds like a lovely birthday celebration. I just decided on Sunday that I need a fire pit for my patio. I hope you enjoy yours. I'll be looking forward to hearing and seeing more about it.

Dena ~ swaddlecottage said...

What an awesome birthday present! You look very cozy there by the fire in your chair. I'll bet you spend a lot of lovely nights there sipping warm drinks and enjoying the quiet evenings.

Hugs,
Dena

cityfarmer said...

Oh happy day, the day you were born...any girl who wants a firepit for her birthday is a friend of mine...a toast to you and being 41

Brenda said...

That is so sweet. Happy Birthday girl.Wish I could sit there.

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

What a wonderful gift that will keep on giving! Love it! Happy Birthday to you..even if I am a day late. Typical for me....grr.

xo,
Becky

Sophie Honeysuckle said...

Oh how lovely! I can't think of a nicer surprise to get! That's a lovely photo of you too!!

ShabbyInTheCity said...

SwEET!