Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Pumpkins & Haybales


Every October the hill in front of the Methodist church erupts into a gigantic pumpkin patch. It happens suddenly, no one has witnessed the exact occurrence. You drive by on your way to town and as you return home, voila.... personally I believe it is the work of the "Great Pumpkin" Charlie Brown. There are all sorts of shapes and sizes.

The church sells them to the community to finance special projects, this year the proceeds are going to help with the Youth Mission Trip. As usual, I pick out several beauties to use in my Fall Hay Bale display.


Thanks to everyone who wished me well yesterday. I am feeling much better today, the drops have all but eliminated the itching. By tomorrow, I will no longer be contagious and can go back to cuddling up with my favorite little snuggle bug:)

16 comments:

Meggie said...

Rhonda: glad to hear you're feeling better and will soon be able to snuggle again. Your fall display looks great. Love your gourds.

Nunnie's Attic said...

I'm so glad that you're feeling better. Pink eye is just terrible!
I love your display. Very harvest-like!

Love,
Julie

BittersweetPunkin said...

Spontaneous pumpkin patch...I like that! I too am glad you are better Rhonda...get yourself well for the winter!!
Love,
Robin

Mary said...

So glad to hear you're feeling better! I love the idea of a pumpkin patch appearing overnight!!
Great fall display -- don't you love the smell of fresh hay?
xoxo,
Mary

Back Through Time said...

What a great idea to do a pumpkin patch!! Great decorations!
Michelle

Dena said...

So glad you are feeling better and your pumpkin decorations look so awesome!

Hugs,
Dena

JANET said...

Hi. I see you live in those gorgeous North Georgia mountains! I haven't been there for a long time, but I could take pictures forever up there.
I love your hay bale 'n pumpkins 'n mums display. Fall is wonderful for colorful outdoor decorations.

Flea Market Queen said...

What a wonderful sight...
I love the mysterious pumpkin patch!
Hope your feeling better...
Priscilla

Linda said...

I'm glad you are feeling better. The Halloween display looks great..I love the little mini pumpkins, they are too cute. Linda

Annie said...

Hi,

Thanks so much for the encouragement--trust me, it was a long time comin'!
Ann

Esther Sunday said...

Get better and QUICK! Love the hay bale, looks great Love, Esther

Melissa @ The Inspired Room said...

Great pumpkin patch!

Glad you are doing a bit better, what a horrid thing to have!

Melissa

ohiofarmgirl said...

I love your display...it is so fun to put up the fall decorations...the season passes so quickly! Dianntha

Scrappy Moments said...

what a Wonderful Pumpkin Patch. I Just Watched That Movie With My Kids, It's a Annual Event. I have been watching The Great Pumpkin Everyyear for 30 Years now, Why stop now? Beautiful Pictures.

Angie :)

Cottage Contessa said...

How fun! I've never seen anything like that before. Even in the Autumn we don't ever do anything as wonderful as that here. Love your own display too, very sweet!
Amanda (aka Cottage Contessa)

kari and kijsa said...

Wow....that is some pumpkin patch! Glad to hear you are feeling better! Your Fall Hay Bale display is FABULOUS!!!

smiles, kari and kijsa