Brenda and Kathy have tagged me to play the Christmas "hoopla" game.
Here is how to play:
1. List 12 random things about yourself that have to do with Christmas.
2. Please refer to it as a 'hoopla' and not the dreaded 'm'-word. I suppose that refers to the 'M'eme list.
3. You have to specifically tag people when you're done. None of this "if you're reading this, consider yourself tagged" stuff is allowed...then nobody ends up actually doing it. The number of people you tag is really up to you -- but the more, the merrier to get this 'hoopla' circulating through the blogosphere.
4. Please try and do it as quickly as possible.
So here we go:
So here we go:
1) My favorite Christmas show is Charlie Brown's Christmas....hmmm or maybe Rudolph, oh, and I can't forget about How the Grinch Stole Christmas, and Frosty, I love Frosty.....OK, well, I really like them all:)
2) I have seen It's a Wonderful Life dozens of times and I still cry when George finds Zuzu's petals in his pocket. It is such a beautiful movie....I highly recommend it Penny;)
3) I absolutely despise the song Christmas Shoes~ I know that you must think that I have a heart the size of the Grinch, but after I cried over the lyrics a hundred times, I am through!!! I won't even listen to it now...I have donated enough tears!
4) My favorite Christmas Hymn is "O Holy Night," A man in my hometown church, Roy Miller, would sing it every Christmas. He would literally make the windows vibrate with his beautifully, deep, rich voice. I would love to be able to sing it, but I can't. Every time I try, I get choked up and can't finish.
5) When I see a Christmas tree all lit-up and glowing, I still feel like a child and I am in complete awe. I hope to create the same kind of wonder for my son.
6)I am a live tree girl. I love how they make the whole house smell fresh and woodsy...and who knows, you might just get the thrill of finding a bird's nest hidden inside:)
7)One of my favorite Christmas presents was a tape recorder. When I got it, my younger sister was a baby , I recorded everything she said....today those tapes are some of my Mama's most treasured possessions.
8)The first year my husband and I were married, his Mimi gave us a box of gorgeous handmade ornaments. I was completely overwhelmed with the beauty and detail of each little piece. The fact that she took so much time to create them just for us makes them a priceless treasure.
9)Our church singles group used to load up and go Caroling each year. We would go around to the houses of our homebound members and sing....it was always the highlight of the season for me and I miss it now.
10)Living in Georgia, I have not seen very many White Christmases. The few I have had were pure magic.
11)I consider cinnamon the official smell of Christmas.
12)I love to attend Christmas Eve services. My favorite is the silent services I have attended with only music and candle light. There is such an air of expectation...as if I am right there in Bethlehem, awaiting the birth of our Savior.