Monday, December 10, 2007

Magical Nights of Lights

Last night we went with family (My Mom and Dad, My Sister and her two boys) to the Magical Nights of Lights~ a six mile stretch of beautiful Christmas Lights displays. Sorry some of the pictures are a little blurry...I think my Dad was ready to wring my neck after the 10th time I yelled..."Stop the car Papaw!" LOL...we had a great time:) Nativity Scene

Poinsettia Wreath


There were different sections dedicated to different Themes~like Christmas Town
Santa's Workshop

Gingerbread HouseThe Candy Cane company


One section was set-up in children's movie themes...
The Wizard of OZ


Dorothy and Toto

The 12 Days of Christmas~this is the only photo I took of this section~We were trying to sing the song as we came to each display and we got terribly jumbled and confused so we wound up laughing so hard at ourselves that we couldn't sing the rest and the camera was forgotten about:)



This is Nephew #1's favorite picture, he liked how all of the colors of the peacock ran together~I think it is pretty neat as well.


There was a carnival attraction with lots of rides. I am NOT a big fan of carnival rides, I used to love to be spun around and turned upside down, now I just get nauseous...I have turned into an old fuddy-duddy. But my son....LOVES the rides....he is such a Dare Devil ( I can only imagine what the teenage years will hold....)

The smile on my face is not really joy...it's more like hysterical laughter. Nephew #2 got quite a kick out of rocking the seat and listening to me scream ....especially when his mother, my sweet loving sister, was on the ground egging him on.... Thanks Robin!!!

On the other hand, Bumper Cars are great fun!!! My son insisted on driving...I laughed so much my face hurt.

We had a wonderful time... of course when we get together it is always a good time:)

19 comments:

BittersweetPunkin said...

Rhonda..you are funny! Love the pics of you on the rides!

I especially love the Wizard Of Oz display...how neat! Wow...looks like it was a wonderful time!
Love,
Robin

blessings said...

That's the best kind of pain, isn't it?! The Wizard of Oz thing was really cool. We haven't done the Festival of Lights here yet. I wanted to go last night to an indoor walking nativity but we were all too tired after 2 days of Christmas parties. Luckily there's still time. Blessings...POlly

Cecily R said...

WHat a fun time! I must admit, I'm a little jealous! I love laugh-so-hard-your-face-hurts outings!

Anonymous said...

Rhonda, love the lights. Glad you had a great time with family. What special times to look back on.

Hope said...

Hi Rhonda,
What a beautiful light show! We haven't been this year but plan to take our "not so little" ones to the Bristol race track where they have a light show.
Looks like you all had great fun and lots of laughs. That's what it's all about!
Hugs,
Hope

Dena said...

Hi Rhonda,

What a pretty display! That peacock is my favorite too!!! Sounds like a fun time :)

Hugs,
Dena

Meggie said...

What a happy time for your family. I could hear you screaming on the ferris wheel clear in PA. We have a county park near my house that is decorated similarly. I love to take family and friends for a ride thru.

BellaColle said...

sounds like it was a blast! My hubby would so something like your sister was doing! For some reason everyone gets a kick outa Mom freakin' out!LOL!
They don't have anything like that around here..
Love the pictures!
hugs.

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Rhonda, that sounds like so much fun! I loved bumper cars when I was younger. Never was a big fan of rides that turned around - lol.
Penny

Cottage Contessa said...

Those Christmas displays are AWESOME! It looks and sounds like you had a wonderful night with your family too!
Amanda (aka Cottage Contessa)

Karen said...

That looks like such a great time. Six miles of lights - holy cow! And carnival rides to boot. I'll bet that's talked about in your family for months, then planned again from June on.

I'm with you on the old fuddy-duddy part. Who would have thought that getting old would manifest itself in so many ways? *sigh*

bj said...

oooo, these are fantastic pics. Looks like you had such a great time...I am so glad.
Thanks for sharing...bj

Linda said...

I love the bumper car picture you both are so happy, what fun and great memories. The light display is wonderful. I can't pick a favorite~I like all of them. Linda

Kathleen Grace said...

Going on a drive to see the Christmas lights is one of our family traditions. They are always so pretty:>)

Nunnie's Attic said...

Rhonda you crack me up! I agree completely, I hate ride that go 'round and 'round anymore. I used to love them as a kid. But I still go CRAZY over roller coasters.

Looks like such a fun trip. They have something like that in Oglebay, WV but we never make it there to see it. Now I don't have to!

Love,
Julie

Flea Market Queen said...

Oh Rhonda...
The lights are all so spectacular indeed! And the rides...
How fun!
Priscilla

Mary said...

Hi Rhonda -- what great pics! I love the peacock, too! I'm a total coward when it comes to rides -- I wouldn't even get on the ferris wheel!
xoxo,
Mary

Esther Sunday said...

Oh, Rhonda - fun loving post to read! I am not good at those kinds of rides anymore, as I am afraid I'll hurt myself somehow! Upside down - no way!!! I actually tried gymnastics when I was a kid although I am scared to death of being upside down. Needless to say - I was not an Olympic hopeful! Love, Esther

Michelle said...

I love the pictures..especially Wizard of Oz! The photos of you are so sweet, it looks like such fun. That's wonderful that you have so much family to do fun things with. Michelle